FSA (Families & Staff Association)
Reigate Priory FSA (Families and Staff Association) is an essential and valued part of the school community. All parents, guardians and carers automatically become members by having a child at the school. All school staff are also included. There is an enthusiastic FSA committee that represents everyone, but there are plenty of opportunities for family members to get involved and to help out at any number of fundraising events.
YOUR FSA COMMITTEE:
Co-Chairs – Simon Kitchen & Becca Bailey
Secretary – Kate Emberson
Treasurer – Jason Young
Ordinary Committee Members - Alice Catling, Laura Donellan, Ben Jefferys & Jane Mirfenderesky
Staff Representatives – Mr Moses & Mrs Dean
A full breakdown of FSA Committee roles - as well as our Constitution, GDPR guidelines, Expense Claim form templates and minutes from previous meetings - can be found here.
WHAT IS THE PRIORY FSA? – The Priory Families & Staff Association. Like all school PTAs, the FSA has two main aims:
- arrange social events for our members to enjoy which helps build the school community and raises funds which enable us to...
- pay for activities and facilities which support our children's learning and development
Every year, the FSA make valuable contributions to the school to enhance the school offering across a range of areas such as residential trips, library refurbishment, home economics refurbishment, playground furniture, sports equipment, staging, technology, School minibus and also supporting some valuable school community events.
In addition, and like most schools, last year Reigate Priory has had to cover all the exceptional costs associated with the coronavirus without any additional funding from the local authority. Funds raised by families were invaluable in helping to cover these costs, so thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
1. SIGN UP FOR THE (NEW FOR 2021!!) PTA-EVENTS WEBSITE so you can buy tickets for and stay up to date with all the FSA fundraising events. It’s a secure site which only holds your information for internal use. There’s no fee to sign up, and you only have to do it once!
Simply log on to www.pta-events.co.uk/reigateprioryfsa to register your child and their appropriate class.
You can also sign up for the class mailing list if you wish. Please note the password to register your child into their class, is their class name. (i.e. the password for 4LD class log in is 4LD).
This is a GDPR compliant way for the FSA to reach you, so be assured, we don’t hold any of your data and have no resource to manage your data outside of this website.
2. MAKE SURE YOUR CLASS HAS A CLASS REP. OR SIGN UP TO BE ONE YOURSELF!
What does a rep do?
- Open up 2-way communication between families, teachers and the FSA
- Encourage and coordinate parent/carer helpers from their class to support or help run FSA events
- Disseminates information from the FSA to our families and feedback questions and ideas
- Attends FSA meetings (or asks someone in the class to attend if unable to come)
A rep is not expected to
- Do everything themselves!
- Volunteer extra time to run FSA events
- Deal with school admin, questions or concerns
PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERY CLASS REP SENDS THEIR DETAILS TO MRS BLAY AT RECEPTION SO THAT OUR REPS LIST FOR THE YEAR IS UP TO DATE!
3. SIGN UP TO CLASSLIST - whilst we build out PTA-Events website use in this first year, we ask parents to continue to use Classlist.com as a key platform for disseminating information.
To sign up to Classlist:
1. Go to www.classlist.com/start
2. Click ‘As a parent’
3. Search for Reigate Priory School and click ‘Yes’ if Claire Blay comes up as your ambassador
4. Follow the steps to create your account.
5. DOWNLOAD THE APP AND GET IN TOUCH!
4. VOLUNTEER FOR CERTAIN ROLES / FUNDRAISING EVENTS
This is a rewarding way to get involved, to have fun, and to meet other families at the school. Below is a list of volunteer roles to be filled – don’t worry there are handbooks from previous years for you to follow, so you wouldn’t be starting from scratch!!
- Second Hand School Uniform team - we currently have no one to run this, so we are looking for a small group of people to sign up for the year. Please read the attached flyer for more information. This role needs to be filled or the sales cannot run!
- Fireworks Night Organising Team – As the team that ran this event in 2019 has now left the school, we need a group of friends to follow our existing guides from previous years to make this event a success! Without your help, this very popular event may not run!
- Parent volunteers for other fundraising events – You can volunteer to be a parent chaperone by signing up on the PTA-Event website when you buy a ticket for an event!
FUNDRAISING EVENTS FOR THE AUTUMN TERM:
Please see here our FULL EVENTS CALENDAR 2021-22 for the full planned fundraising events schedule for the 2021-22 year which we hope will go ahead as planned, but as with last year, will be subject to changes in COVID restrictions.
Here are the highlights for the Autumn term:
- New year 3 Parents Social (Outside Event weather permitting) - Thurs 16th Sept, 7pm-9pm. This is a chance for you to meet school staff and other families from your child’s year as well as buy some pre-loved uniform! This is a ticketed event to control attendee numbers, but it is free of charge! Please book your ticket online!
- FSA Meeting - Wed 22nd Sept. Everyone is invited to discuss plans for this new school year
- Year 5 Movie Night - Fri 24th Sept
- Pre-loved Uniform Sale - Tues 5th Oct after school
- Fireworks Night! - Sat 16th Oct
- Christmas Hamper Raffle – tickets on sale from 26th Nov, draw on 13th Dec
- Pantomime Performances – Mon 29th and Tues 30th Dec
- Christmas Tree & Wreath Sale – on sale from 1st to 24th Nov, collection Sat 4th Dec
Details of all these events and ticket purchases can be found by logging on to www.pta-events.co.uk/reigateprioryfsa
There are also 3 easy ways to give more to your FSA without even trying!! Through Just Giving, Easy Fundraising and Amazon Smile. Details of this can be found HERE.
HOW WE COMMUNICATE
Remember, the FSA is a charitable organisation, separate from the school itself, so the school cannot share your information with anyone, including the FSA.
The only way we can reach you is if you register with us via the PTA-Events website and Classlist, and if you have reps and we know who they are!
FIND OUT WHAT’S GOING ON & TALK TO US......
- In our Half-Termly newsletter
- Through Class Reps
- By registering at www.pta-events.co.uk/rpcps-pta - use the ‘contact us’ option
- By signing up to Classlist
- Email direct at email@example.com
- Call one of the Co-Chairs: Becca - 07813 165 237 or Simon 07470 384 690
- Come to our termly meetings to have your say about what we’re doing and tell us what you want from your FSA.
Thanks for supporting your FSA!