FSA (Families & Staff Association)
Reigate Priory FSA (Families and Staff Association) is an essential and valued part of the school community. All parents, guardians and carers automatically become members by having a child at the school. All school staff are also included. There is an enthusiastic FSA committee that represents everyone, though currently there are vacant positions and the FSA would benefit from anyone able to help with those roles.
Like all school PTAs, the FSA has two main aims:
- support our children's learning through providing activities and raising funds
- arrange social events for our members to enjoy
Like many schools, Reigate Priory has been hit by funding cuts and this has had a detrimental effect on what the school can offer to the children. The FSA makes valuable contributions to the school to enhance the school offering across a range of areas such as residential trips, library refurbishment, home economics refurbishment, playground furniture, sports equipment, staging, technology, School minibus and also supporting some valuable school community events.
The other key role of the FSA is to develop and strengthen the relationships within the school community. To do this, we provide events and activities aimed at enriching the experiences of the children, the families, the parents and the school. Reigate Priory School has a great tradition of annual events. Of course these can only succeed with the support of parents, both helping and attending, but both offer fun in equal measure.
The forthcoming calendar of events for this school term includes:
- Thursday 5th October Year 3 Welcome Drinks at 7pm in the Holbein Hall
- Saturday 14th October Fireworks Extravaganza!
- Thursday 2nd November PTA meeting at 7pm (venue TBC)
- Friday 10th November Film club at 6:30pm in the Gym
- Friday 8th December Parents social event (TBC)
- Monday 11th December Pantomime performances at 4pm and 6:30pm
Please check the monthly newsletter for further details of all our events.
The FSA committee for 2017/18 is:
- Colin Best and Olga Alonso-Ferrer (Co-Chairs)
- Lise Naughton (Secretary) and Sophie Evett (Vice Secretary)
- Vacant Position (Treasurer)
- Nicola Gregory and Grainne Walker (Vice Treasurers)
- Mr Moses, Mrs Dean and Mr Bott (Staff Reps)
Although the Committee comprises only this small group, they are supported by a substantial group of parents who give their time regularly. We really appreciate the time and effort that so many people give to support the FSA activities throughout the year, and we would encourage more to get involved with the fun!
If you are interested in what the work of the FSA involves, or have ideas to share, or would be interested in helping to organise an activity or event, then please get in touch or come along to any FSA meeting. Becoming involved with our children’s school is fun and rewarding because we are part of the school community, we get to know other parents and teachers, we see the immediate benefits of the school community enjoying the variety of events and we also see the fruits of our fundraising. We aim to raise about £25,000 every year, which goes directly to enhance our children’s learning and school experience.
To contact any member of the FSA committee please email email@example.com
FSA meetings are held every half term, alternating between daytime and evening; class reps are all invited and all parents are encouraged to attend.
Committee Meeting Minutes