Currently, the government provides schools with additional funding to support the learning and development of these children. The term “Pupil Premium” refers to those children who:
- are currently eligible for Free School Meals (FSM)
- have at any point during the last six years received FSM (known as Ever 6 FSM)
- have been looked after continuously for more than six months
- have been adopted from local authority care under the ‘Adoption Act 2002’.
- have a parent(s) in the Armed Forces who meet the following criteria:
- At least one parent is serving in the regular armed forces
- At least one parent has served in the regular armed forces in the last 3 years
- One of their parent died while serving in the armed forces and the pupil is in receipt of a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and the War Pensions Scheme (WPS).
If you think your child is eligible for Pupil Premium funding or you are in receipt of any of the following benefits and could be claiming FSM’s, please contact the school office, in confidence.
This will allow additional funding for the school and additional support for your child.
In order to claim FSMs a parent/carer must be claiming one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but no Working Tax Credit is being received by the claimant or his/her partner and the combined annual income as assessed by HMIR on a TC602 form is not above £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit.
- Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
This is an opportunity that should not be overlooked. If you have any questions regarding either the eligibility of your child or the support provided please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Fegan (Pupil Premium Leader), in confidence, via the school office or by email email@example.com.
We know that Pupil Premium children have benefitted, both academically and in their personal development, from the extra support and interventions that the Funding has provided.