Reigate Priory takes great pride in its uniform as it is an important symbol of the school’s history, identity and community. We expect all children and their parents to help maintain our high standards of smartness and tidiness.
Compulsory school uniform should be selected from the list and worn as detailed below:
- Reigate Priory sweatshirt
- Plain white shirt or blouse tailored to be worn tucked into skirt, trousers or shorts
- Plain grey trousers/shorts
- Plain greyskirt or tunic dress
- Reigate Priory summer dress (as seasonally appropriate)
- Plain black or grey socks when wearing trousers or shorts
- Plain white socks or black/red/grey tights when wearing skirts or dresses
- Sensible black shoes (not boots)
- Reigate Priory book bag
- Reigate Priory white P.E. t-shirt or plain white t-shirt
- Plain red shorts
- Plain white sport socks
- Trainers (no plimsolls)
- Reigate Priory black P.E. sweatshirt/hoody or plain black sweatshirt/hoody
- Plain black jogging bottoms
Please be advised that leggings and non-tailored, jersey material, boot cut or flared trousers are not part of the Reigate Priory school uniform – appropriate trousers can be purchased on the school uniform website (details provided below). If purchasing elsewhere, parents are asked to use these trousers as a guide.
Optional school accessories can be selected from the list below:
- Reigate Priory red fleece
- Reigate Priory red rucksack
- Reigate Priory red sunhat
- Reigate Priory red woolly hat
- Reigate Priory red P.E. kit bag
- Reigate Priory ‘House’ t-shirts – orange, blue, red, yellow or white
- Reigate Priory water bottle
- Red tie
- Red art apron
All items must be named.
Trainers may only be worn during break time, games and outdoor P.E. lessons. School shoes must be worn at all other times, including to and from school.
Long hair, regardless of gender, should be kept away from the face and eyes by a hair band or plain hair tie. Hair should be completely tied back for PE.
Jewellery, watches and any form of wrist band are not part of our uniform and are not allowed in school. Simple stud earrings are acceptable but must be removed for P.E. (or not worn on that day as the school cannot take responsibility for lost jewellery). Surrey County Council guidelines do not allow children to tape over earrings.
The red art apron or an old shirt are essential for art work.
Appropriate coats/waterproofs should be worn to school in inclement weather. Children should be adequately clothed not only for travel to and from school but for outdoor learning and play that takes place regularly throughout the school and in all seasons.
During hot weather, children should have a plain sun hat available.
The Reigate Priory book bag is part of our compulsory school uniform and is essential for safe storage and transport of books and equipment throughout the school day.
Children only require ONE pencil case. This should be robust and as compact as possible and only contain stationery essentials – novelty and expensive items should be left at home.
Please remember children do move around the school for different lessons and learning and therefore ‘luggage’ should be kept to an absolute minimum!
We recommend that children bring a water bottle into school daily. Replacement Reigate Priory bottles are available at £2 and lids (20p) from the School Reception.
Purchasing School Uniform
Parents can buy school clothing and other items conveniently online and direct to you at home from our school uniform supplier, Schoolwear For Less. As you will discover, all prices are competitive and quality is of a high standard and approved by Reigate Priory PTA. Unlike other uniform sales outlets, commission from sales goes directly back into Reigate Priory to benefit children’s learning!
The school uniform website can be easily accessed by visiting www.schoolwearforless.com. Click and follow the ‘FIND YOUR SCHOOL’ link and then search for Reigate Priory School.